SayCure is a company that is fast-growing in the field of the security system. SayCure offers CCTV cameras, accessories and all products that are related to security systems.
You have researched and saw many types of CCTV camera for you home security. But you had confused about which one suits my requirement, right?
This blog helps you find the right CCTV surveillance camera by knowing its feature.
Among many CCTV cameras, there are some of the most common and popular cameras, they are:
- Dome Cameras
- Bullet Cameras
- C-Mount Cameras
- PTZ Cameras
- 360 wi-fi Cameras
- Dome cameras are commonly used for indoor and outdoor surveillance. The dome cameras are considered strong ones compared to others.
- These cameras come with vandal resistance so that it may be challenging for the criminals to try to break them.
- This camera comes with IR night vision so you can sleep peacefully at night.
- Dome cameras are best fit for home, shops, restaurants, and any large premises because the design allows you to monitor the wide range easily.
- Bullet CCTV cameras are cylindrical in design, and it covers a significant distance.
- These Cameras are commonly used outdoors, especially in public places, so their casing is designed to withstand water and dustproof.
- These cameras are highly visible to everyone.
- It will survive in a complex environment.
- It covers a long distance.
Bullet cameras are commonly used in factories, roads and public gathering places.
- C-Mount Cameras comes with detachable lenses. You can change different lens according to your need.
- It can cover distances beyond 40 ft.
- The highly visible appearance that deters criminals.
- Weatherproof makes it ideal for outdoor use.
This camera will be the best fit for stretch areas like roads, logistics industry.
360 Wi-Fi Cameras
- 360 Wi-Fi cameras are more popular because it is easy to monitor from anywhere.
- It allows you to connect with the local Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi cameras produce high-quality images and allow you t view them through the network.
- PTZ (Pan Tilt & Zoom) cameras have more control over them.
- You can tilt up and down, pan right and left of the camera lens by pressing a button.
- By rotating the lens by 360 degrees, This camera will be helpful for live surveillance.
- PTZ Cameras are best for remote viewing, and it is primarily used in large retail environments because to protect the valuable object.
These are the types of CCTV cameras, Choose the best CCTV cameras from our products page.
Home security camera has become more common in Chennai. The capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, has 657 CCTV cameras per square kilometer.
The increasing number of theft and other crimes threaten the public to install a CCTV camera at home.
There are different types of home security camera which standout unique on its feature.
Choosing The Best Camera for Home
- There are several things to consider before you’re into buying a CCTV camera for your home. They are
- PAN and Tilt feature. This helps the camera to rotate horizontally and vertically to cover a large space around them.
- The horizontal rotation of a CCTV camera is called Pan, and the vertical rotation is called tilt.
- This is an important thing to notice. The latest CCTV cameras of today produce videos in 720p (1MP) and 1080p resolution.
- The greater the resolution, the better will be the quality.
- At the same time, we need to ensure storage.
- Most of the CCTV camera dealers provide free installation. So you don’t need to worry about that.
- And it is recommended to install the security camera by the professionals. Because installing a CCTV camera is a quite tricky process, it requires drilling, technical works, etc.
- The vandal-resistant is a useful feature. Usually, cameras come with vandal resistant. It protects the lens from being vandalized.
- These are the most common things to consider before buying a CCTV camera for a home.
Advantages Of Installing a Wireless Camera System For Home Security
Chennai city has the maximum number of CCTV cameras installs per square kilometer and per 1,000 population among the 130 cities studied all over the world, according to an official report published in South Asia Journal
The capital of Tamil Nadu Chennai has 657 CCTV cameras per sqkm, which is also followed by Hyderabad that has installed 480 cameras per sqkm. Compared to Hyderabad, Beijing, and London. Chennai has a lower number of CCTV cameras. In Chennai CCTV cameras installs (2.8 lakh) overall when compared to Hyderabad (3 lakh), Beijing (10.1 lakh) and London have (6.6 lakh) cameras.
According to the journal report, the CCTV camera first installed in Germany in 1942, and now there are nearly one billion devices. The authorized report maps out how prevalent the CCTV cameras are in 130 of the all-over the world’s most populous places or cities.
The top two CCTV installation countries are China and India. These countries have the highest densities of CCTV surveillance cameras in urban areas. Chennai, India, has 657 cameras per sqkm, making it the first city in the world in terms of CCTV surveillance. It says.
Chennai city police commissioner Mahesh Kumar Aggarwal said. “All-over Chennai city we have extensive coverage of security cameras in the entire city” The presence of CCTV cameras is very helpful in monitor 24/7 and maintenance of law and order. It will be very useful for the detection of crimes. it has provided, time and again, much needed clues for investigation. We are belive to extend the coverage. The Tamil Nadu government has ordered sanctioned funds for installs more CCTV cameras that will have connectivity with control rooms for live streaming.
Three years ago Tamil Nadu government starts the “Third Eye” campaign aimed to bring the entire city undercover with CCTV control. In 2017 Chennai police commissioner A.K Viswanathan starts the “Third Eye” campaign for the installation of CCTV cameras with public participation. CCTV systems help maintain law and order and changed case investigation entirely. In any crime case investigation, CCTV is the first clue and handy tool to crack the case. Commissioner A.K Viswanathan said Detection in criminal cases has increased. He said without the Tamil Nadu government’s support it is impossible for us to achieve this status.
Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami had himself encouraged the project. Chennai police department advised individuals, shopkeepers, and commercial establishments to install CCTV on their premises, focusing on streets or public places.
We conducted continuous conducting “Third Eye” campaign in every area in Chennai city.
So, undoubtedly CCTV plays a crucial role in solving crimes now, as with any crime the first thing that is taken into account is the CCTV camera footage.
Now India’s capital New Delhi also features in the top ten list with 289 CCTV per sqkm.
Compare to Chennai vs Delhi, Chennai has 25 cameras per 1000 people, Delhi has only 14 cameras per 1000 people. These numbers are low when compared to London and Beijing. The security cameras certainly add to the safety equipment of any city.
Residents in Triplicane set up 18 high-definition cameras in their street
Concerned about the rising incidents of two-wheeler gangs engaged in chain-snatching and house-breaking, residents in the city are taking precautionary measures to check unknown persons entering the locality.
The Chennai City Police for their part also suggested that residents install closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to prevent thefts and crimes.
A senior police officer said that that police patrolling has been strengthened with the addition of cycle patrolling, and the local police officers have been instructed to advise the members of residents welfare associations to install CCTV cameras in their localities for better law and order management. The presence of CCTV cameras also acts as a deterrent in preventing crimes, he added.
Heeding the advice of the city police, the residents of Sundara Murthy Vinayagar Koil Street in Triplicane have installed 18 CCTV high-definition (HD) cameras in the street.
The CCTV cameras along with the control room, all costing Rs. 2.50 lakh, were inaugurated by senior police officers on Sunday.
A senior officer of the Mylapore Region said the CCTV cameras installed at a gap of 500 meters would help to keep a tab of unknown and suspected persons.
The local police officials have been organizing public interactive with residents’ welfare associations in various parts of the city, as part of which Police Commissioner T.K. Rajendran participated in a meeting held in Thoraipakkam.
Similarly, meetings were held in K.K. Nagar and other areas this week wherein the police officers stressed the residents to have a ‘third eye’ by installing CCTV cameras.
So you’ve got some CCTV cameras, but what are the best locations for home security cameras? The security of your home cannot be compromised, and nor can your family’s safety.
Both of the security of your home and your families safety can be protected by strategically placed security cameras in and around your property, acting as a deterrent for would-be thieves as well as catching them in the act.
First things first, you wont to choose the right type of CCTV system for your needs and think about where you are going to place them.
If you don’t position your CCTV security equipment in the most optimal position, then this may render them useless. You may now be asking yourself, what are the best locations for home security cameras? Before you establish this, read the following tips.
Top Tips for CCTV Camera Placement
- Past Break-ins – Research the history of your home by asking past owners or landlords whether there have been any past break-ins and where on the property they occurred.
- Assess Vulnerabilities – Determine the most vulnerable areas of your home. Some of them will be universal, such as the front door, but you should establish what vulnerabilities your individual property has. Susceptible areas could also include obscured windows and doors, or areas of your home that are dimly lit.
- Weather Proof – Making sure that your security cameras will not be disturbed by the elements, such as ensuring that no vegetation has grown to conceal the path of the cameras. Also avoid placing your cameras in a location where they will be disturbed by the bright glare of the sun, as this may disturb the images they pick up.
- Additional Features – Weatherproofing and night vision are additional features that can enhance the effectiveness of your cameras, ensuring that they operate correctly in all conditions.
Best Locations for Home Security Cameras
It is vital to consider the weak points in your own personal property, however there are certain areas of all homes that are commonly targeted by lawbreakers.
Common Security Weak Points:
This is the most obvious route for criminals to gain access into your home, and the biggest proportion of break-ins occur via this entrance. To prevent any items being launched at the delicate CCTV cameras, consider mounting the equipment at the second floor level or fitting a wire cage around it.
Back and side doors
Any entrance into your property is viewed as a potential channel for a criminal to gain access into your private space. Have some cameras trained on all doors, as these are your most vulnerable spots. Take the same protective precautions as described in the previous point, to prevent any tampering.
Patio and French doors are especially defenceless against break-ins, so support their stability with thick glass and a well-placed CCTV camera.
Windows that are not facing onto a busy street or road may be attractive to crooks as there are no prying eyes from the public. In addition to cameras, as an extra safety enforcement, never neglect your windows and keep them closed and locked whenever you go out.
Some people may not think to monitor their garage, but this is often a common access route for burglars. Therefore, whether your garage contains valuable equipment or not, it’s important to keep it safeguarded.
A camera facing the driveway or garage area is great for picking up signs of suspicious activity. Alternatively, you may wish to place the camera inside the garage, pointing it at an angle where the light from the opening door can light up the dark interior.
Whether it’s a shed bursting with pricey gardening machinery, or a garden full of play equipment for the kids, often our gardens house many expensive items that make them inviting to crooks. To keep this area safe and secure, have a few smartly placed cameras dotted around, along with some security lights.
All these elements can act as great deterrents to lawbreakers, making them think twice about accessing your garden.
It is a common misconception that CCTV cameras are exclusively suited to the outdoors. Installing a camera on the inside of your house, lens trained on the doors or windows, can record a criminal entering your home, offering a full view of their face for easier identification.
The only disadvantage with indoor placement of cameras is that they are not as visually deterring and a criminal has to first enter your home to notice them.
For more advice on the best locations for home security cameras, simply ask a security specialist who will be able to offer some insight.
Keeping your home or business secure is of vital importance to the team at Say-Cure. Our specialists are leading suppliers of exemplary CCTV security systems around Chennai, Pondicherry, Trichy. Coimbatore, Thirunelveli. We strive to accommodate for our clients’ individual needs, working alongside them to devise the most appropriate security solutions for their premises.
For more information about the services we offer, then please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our team who are always happy to help.